In the age of makeup is it more used then it has ever been in my opinion since the 80's! Many women struggle with having a flawless makeup application without realizing that your skin care regimen plays a BIG role in keeping your skin youthful and more importantly shiny and supple!
There are 4 skin types : Normal, Dry, Combination and Oily. For these four skin types I am going to recommend skin care for you ladies to help create a flawless face!
For those with Normal skin, let's face it.. your the lucky one! You get to wear whatever you wish because you have the perfect balance of oil and dryness so you have fun, just remember the following:
1. Wipe your makeup off every night with a makeup wipe or remover (preferably an oil base remover)
2. Exfoliate at least 2 times a month or as needed and use a gentle cleanser everyday! You have the ideal skin so it's your job to protect it! Don't get all bead crazy, gentle exfolliants and washes do the trick!
3. Moisturize and Drink lots of Water
For those who have dry skin, let me be the first to send my condolences but we can get you together with these known facts! Dry skin basically means you have an imbalance of oil meaning you don't produce enough for your skin to keep it's rejuvenation!
1. To counteract that is to moisturize thoroughly! Use products that contain shea butter or beet root extract at they help both in adding moisture into the skin.
2. Exfoliate! Part of the reason most people have dry skin and wonder why it isn't penetrating the skin is because their is a blocking layer of dry skin. Don't be afraid even use a few face masks as they tend to help as well.
3. Hydrate! This one in particular will be a repeat offender but I cannot stress this enough!! Drink lots of water and moisturize your skin, even if your not wearing making and use proper skin care for your skin type!
Combination Skin- Whether Normal & Oily, Oily& Dry or Dry & Normal, combination skin can be just what it says Complicated! For this in particular this requires more research!
With your routine you can need first figure out what is your combination. Also, you need to decide what products will work best for you . With your case, one key product added to your normal routine can make a world of difference!
"A Greasy Mess" is more like it ! I get Oily and I hate it! Oily skin means that your skin over produces oil causing the skin to have an overly shiny look to it. To help this here's some tips!
1. Stay away from heavy moisturizers! When you apply too much moisture it can cause your face to look and feel awful. By applying lightweight moisture you give your skin what it needs without looking sweaty.
2. Try products with Sugar Kelp! Sugar kelp in products help to balance oil distribution and make for better balanced skin
3. Less IS More! With oily skin, too many products especially ones that are oil base can cause the skin to over produce and eventually your makeup will start to more and even transfer and that's not good for anyone. Also, finishing powders and sprays are great for us because they help to stop oil as well.
Here are some links to some brands that sell amazing products for all skin types ! Hope this helps and see you next time!